ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND ENROLMENT PROCEDURES
In order to be admitted to the Postgraduate School of Brief Strategic Therapy, a degree in Psychology or Medicine and the subscription inclusion on their respective professional registers. Also, graduates that are not yet registered, but that will pass the professional practice exam in the first session after the beginning of the course can be enrolled. Admission is subordinated to a judgement of suitability formulated on the basis of a written test and an interview designed to assess the candidate’s motivations, psychological maturity and personal attitude to learn the strategic approach to therapy.
To enrol it is necessary to pass the entrance examination that takes place at the end of November (first session) or in January, before the beginning of each academic year at the Centro di Terapia Strategica of Arezzo (piazza S. Agostino, 11 Arezzo).
Applications for admission to the exam, available on the website, must be sent by registered mail within one week before the exam date, together with the following documents:
- Degree certificate including the list of the exams taken (final-year students can send it at a later time)
- Certificate of registration to the national register of psychologists or medical doctors (or a declaration of being able to take the professional practice exam within the first session and being aware that, in this case, the admission is conditional).
- A CV and documented educational, scientific and job qualifications
- Two passport photos and an identification document.
The available places will be allocated according to the results of the examination and a payment of 600.00 Euros is required within 7 days from the admission test as enrolment confirmation. The registration is completed by filling out a registration form that can be downloaded from the website in the section “Enrolment procedures”.
€ 4,200 per year payable in a single annual payment, within the first semester, or in six bimonthly instalments.
TEXTBOOKS RECOMMENDED FOR THE ADMISSION TEST:
- Nardone G., Watzlawick P., 2005 – Brief Strategic Therapy. Philosophy, techniques and research. – Jason Aronson (Ed.);
- Nardone G., 1998 – Psicosoluzioni – Rizzoli, Milano;
- Nardone G., Watzlawick, 2003 – The art of Change – Jossey-Bass, San Francisco;
- Nardone G., Salvini A., 2007 – The Strategic Dialogue, Karnac;
- Nardone G., Paura Panico Fobie, Ponte alle Grazie, Milano.
Click here to download the admission form
20th January 2020 – 28th February 2020
NEXT OPEN DAYS (to register for an open day, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
16th May 2020
26th September 2020
24th October 2020
14th November 2020
It all began when the two founders Paul Watzlawick and Giorgio Nardone started to formulate, in a totally original way, the brief strategic...
Since its foundation in 1988, the Postgraduate School of Brief Strategic Therapy (recognised by the Ministry of education with D.M. 11/20/2000), has been...
EPISTEMOLOGY AND THEORY OF THE BRIEF STRATEGIC THERAPY MODEL The brief strategic approach to therapy is evidence-based (Szapocznik et al, 2008) and it is...
In line with the provisions of the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR), the training program comprises theoretical and practical classes, exercises,...
Il Centro di Terapia Strategica apre le proprie porte ai laureati in Psicologia e Medicina che desiderano conoscere il percorso quadriennale di Specializzazione...